Blueberries are in season in South Carolina and this fun, summertime cocktail is simply sweet, refreshing and delicious! Did you know that according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, July is National Blueberry Month? If any fruit deserves its own month of honorable recognition, we think this tasty blue beauty certainly does. We made this pretty little cocktail (by the pitcher!) to celebrate Independence Day but believe you would love it at your wedding or any other celebration!
- 6 to 8 mint leaves (the more the better we think!)
- 3 ounces club soda
- 2 ounces Light Rum (we used Captain Morgans)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (to make it easy, we bought the pre-made kind!)
- Limes cut into wedges or slices (thin slices look very pretty in a pitcher)
- Crushed Ice
- Muddle a handful of blueberries and mint with a splash of soda in a shaker until they’re crushed together.
- Fill a shaker with ice, and add the Rum, lime, and simple syrup.
- Shake together, strain into a glass filled with ice, and add the club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint and more blueberries!
SIT BACK, RELAX… AND ENJOY!!!